I am a disabled veteran.  Am I entitled to any property tax deductions?

You may qualify for a property tax deduction if you are either:

  1. a veteran who was disabled while serving with the U.S. armed forces or
  2. the surviving spouse or child (under 18 years of age or unmarried) of a disabled veteran

You must be a Texas resident and must provide documentation from the Veteran’s Administration reflecting the percentage of your service-connected disability.  Your disability rating must be at least 10%.  To file please follow this link and complete the Disabled Veteran’s or Survivor’s Exemption application.

Disabled Veteran Exemption Application

Surviving Spouse of a Disabled Veteran


If your disability rating is 100% you may qualify for a 100% Disable Veteran’s Homestead Exemption.  This property must be your principal residence and you may not claim homestead on another property.  You can apply for the 100% Disabled Veteran’s Homestead Exemption by following this link and completing the Homestead application.

Homestead Application

Contact Information
(512) 303-1930(512) 303-4805bcad@bastropcad.org
P.O. Drawer 578
Bastrop, Texas 78602
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Our Mission

“To provide quality service with the highest principles of integrity, professionalism, and respect.  We will uphold these standards while providing an accurate, fair, and cost-effective appraisal roll for use in property tax assessment, while adhering to the property tax laws of the State of Texas.”

Boards and Committees

Board of Directors

Appraisal Review Board

Citizens Advisory Committee

Next Board of Directors Meeting 8/20/2020