I am a homeowner with disabilities.  May I receive any property tax benefits?


A person with a disability may get exemptions if:

  1. you can’t engage in gainful work because of physical or mental disability or
  2. you are 55 years old and blind and can’t engage in your previous work because of your blindness.

If you receive disability benefits under the Federal Old Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance program through the Social Security Administration you should qualify.  Disability benefits from any other program do not automatically qualify.  To file please follow the link and complete the Homestead Application.

Disabled Person Homestead Application